22 fantastic walks of all shapes and sizes, plus events and a chance to see the Chepstow area at it's finest.
Some photos from our previous festivals
Click here for more about the 2014 Walking Festival
Welcome to 2016 Chepstow Walking Festival!
We had a fantastic programme for you this year. Whether you are a visitor or live locally, our experienced walk leaders and guides created 22 fabulous walks including some favourites with a different slant and a rare chance to walk around Chepstow Racecourse. We included some evening events this year including a talk by Kevin Walker on 'Forgotten Wales' from the walker's perspective and an evening walk followed by stargazing with Monmouth Astronomical Research Society.
Full details of all walks and events from the Festival can be accessed from the buttons below. If the Festival inspired you to visit Chepstow, check out our 'stay, eat and shop' pages for details of local businesses who support Chepstow Walkers are Welcome.
Details of the fantastic selection of walks and events that are available:
2015 Photography Competition
Why not bring your camera along and enter our 2015 Photography Competition?
For the chance to win a basket of locally produced goodies, all you need to do is send us your best photographs taken during the 2015 Walking Festival. These will be judged by a professional photographer and the winning entry will be announced by the end of May.
1. The photo must be taken by the person entering, during the 2015 Walking Festival
2. We can only accept digital images between 1Mb and 5Mb in size
3. Each person entering can submit no more than four photos
4. Each photo must be submitted on a separate email to email@example.com quoting 'Photo competition' as the subject line and including name and contact details
5. The closing date of the competition is Thursday 30 April 2015
6. The winner will be advised by Sunday 31 May 2015
7. Chepstow Walkers are Welcome will not accept responsibility for lost or damaged entries
8. Chepstow Walkers are Welcome reserve the right to use any entry for non-commercial purposes
including promoting recreational walking activities